A fungal infection that occurs in the edge of the nail.
If you’re experiencing new, severe, or persistent symptoms, contact a health care provider.
One or more of the following symptoms can be observed:
- Thickened or brittle nail
- Scaling under the nails
- White or yellow streaks on the nail
- Flaking white areas on the nail’s surface
- Appearance of yellow spots at the bottom of the nail
- Distorted nail
→ Common treatment options
→ How is this diagnosed?
- Nail Fungus is caused by dermatophyte fungus and in some cases mold and yeast can also be responsible.
– The risk factors include:
- History of athlete’s foot
- Sweating too much
→ Questions to ask your doctor