Mason Greenwood is plotting a dramatic transfer if Man Utd block his first-team return, while Man City are eyeing a move for a Brighton star…
OFF TO CHINA
Mason Greenwood could reportedly look to explore a transfer to China if Man Utd block his return to first-team training after Thursday’s announcement that all criminal charges against the striker have been dropped.
Greenwood, 21, had been facing charges including attempted rape and assault but the Crown Prosecution Service said the case had been discontinued as “the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction”.
On Friday Erik Ten Hag declined to comment on Greenwood’s case directly, instead referring to a Man Utd statement which said “the club will now conduct its own process before determining next steps” regarding the academy product, who has been suspended from playing and training since January 2022.
Depending on the outcome of the internal investigation, Greenwood is ‘eyeing a football career in China if Manchester United sack him’.
After the club suspended him last year, the England international ‘told pals he had no intention of playing for United again’ but he has now ‘”begrudgingly” accepted United’s stance’.
A source told The Sun: “At the time he was adamant he didn’t want to put on the red shirt again. He felt like the club didn’t stand by him.
“He said he would be happy to go and play in China as long as that meant he was getting paid well and was playing. His view may have softened over the last few months, but he was not happy at all.”
MAN CITY EYE THE MAC
Man City will look to replace Ilkay Gundogan with Brighton midfielder Alexis Mac Allister if the German leaves the club, according to reports.
Gundogan is out of contract in the summer transfer window and Pep Guardiola is already keen to reinforce that area of his team anyway in the summer.
Spanish outlet Fichajes claims that with Gundogan ‘everything seems to indicate that he will leave the club’ with Bernardo Silva also ‘wanting to go to La Liga’.
It is understood that Guardiola has ‘a clear request for next summer’ in the transfer market with World Cup winner Mac Allister top of his wishlist.
The Man City boss ‘is a fan’ of the Argentina international and with his experiences at Brighton in the Premier League he ‘will adapt quickly’.
Mac Allister still has a contract until the summer of 2025 and the report adds that it would take a bid of around €40m to lure him away in the summer window.
AND THE REST…
Man Utd and Paris Saint-Germain will be expected to pay a transfer fee of at least £90m if they are to sign prolific Napoli forward Victor Osimhen in the summer…Arsenal have made agreeing new contracts with Bukayo Saka and William Saliba a priority, with Manchester City interested in the England winger…Man Utd have agreed a four-year contract extension with 18-year-old winger Alejandro Garnacho…Man Utd are considering a summer move for Barcelona forward Ansu Fati…West Ham and Everton will have to wait until the summer to move for Sheraldo Becker after Union Berlin were reluctant to let the 27-year-old leave in January.